My learning style-
Everyone learns differently, and this helps us because we can benefit from everyone else's learning styles. I am an interpersonal learner. which means I learn by talking and communicating with other people to figure out and retain information. I found that people collectively can learn from each other and share the things they know within their group. I find it to be an interpersonal learner is a quick and easy way to practice good social,critical thinking and leadership skills. We can find out our own roles within a group of people and find solutions to problems by using different methods. Still keeping the main method of reaching to conclusions by combining our knowledge.
However there can also be a down side from being an interpersonal learner. Making and keeping connections with the people you may know provide answers in your group can be exhausting, and sometimes counter productive. It is easier to work in groups when no leader is established, but like always in our nature there has to be some one to "rule out" and "regulate". So it is not always true that people who work together learn faster and easier from other people don't; the fact is that there is more input than output. It can lead to a person who is an interpersonal learner to lose track of understanding information and wasting time trying to get it since these are normally the type of people who need other people to help them answer the question. In most ways interpersonal learners may come off as lazy learners in a way that they might project traits that do not come across as intelligent. Often times people mistaking them for just not being able to reach their own conclusions.
There are pros and cons to being an interpersonal learner, although it might not work for some people it does however work for me. At times I might find myself arguing with other people over "hows" and "whys", but I also find myself building on ideas of others and them building on mine. I find that working other people doesn't just get the job done but it also helps an individual to refine their skills. Whether it be listening, leadership, sportsmanship, and or basic simple social skills; learning to learn with other people can truly be an amazing thing. You never know how a person might be retaining all of their knowledge but you can find out so many things from people if you just simply ask. It is also to keep in mind that no matter how you learn, at least you are learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment